Best Bacon Cooker Reviews 2020
Do you love bacon for breakfast? Well, everybody does. In fact, a hearty cooked brunch of coffee and toast seems incomplete without a few strips. Kids love bacon too. Every mother knows that and it’s no surprise to see stacks of this food in every homes’ fridges. Now cooking bacon is as easy as child’s play, but having the best bacon cooker makes it even easier. When in the past we only have stove top cooker, nowadays, there’s plenty of options some even just require shoving into the microwave.
You can be sure to have a perfectly cooked bacon if you have a good bacon cooker. Whether you just need a few strips in a hurry, or you need to cook an entire platter for the whole family, a decent bacon cooker makes it a breeze to prepare.
Now comes the hard part; choosing the best bacon cooker. A cursory browse at Amazon will tell you that there are literally hundreds of brands out there competing for your attention. That choosing the best bacon cooker is confusing is saying it mildly, because there are hundreds of ways you could end up buying the wrong item. But don’t fret, we will make things easier for you.
Criteria for Choosing Best Bacon Cooker
In order to make this review truly helpful to you, I used practical criteria for rating a product. These criteria are so general, you can even use it—at least in principle—to help you decide when buying other products, not just bacon cooker. As a matter of fact, any shopper worth his or her salt already have these criteria in mind, all I did is put them down in writing.
- Value for money: A bacon cooker is relatively cheap, but just because it is, you can’t just pick the first thing that comes your way. You have to consider the rest of the criteria below to determine if you’re really getting the best value for your money.
- Durability: Since bacon cookers are relatively cheap, a lot of manufacturers are tempted to push a flimsy product that can barely last a year. If you’re buying online, you have to take advantage of customers’ reviews in order to know if the item is durable. If you buy from a local store, try to inspect the product before taking it to the counter.
- Features: A typical bacon cooker is a really simple gadget, but you’re looking for the little things that manufacturers add to their version of it. How many strips can it cook at the same time? You might think it’s a simple issue, but it makes a lot of difference especially when you’re in a hurry. Does it have a mechanism to collect excess grease? It can be messy when it doesn’t. What other food can it cook aside from bacon? Can it play a double role or is it designed to serve a single purpose? These are some of the questions that come to mind when looking for features.
- Warranty: Most manufacturers do provide warranty on their products so this is really not much of an issue for bacon cooker. If you buy from Amazon, you can get your warranty by calling customer support. The real issue is how long are they willing to support their product. Some manufacturers provide the standard 1-year limited warranty while others cover their products for 3 years. I’m sure you know which one to pick.
- Ease of use: Cooking bacon on the stove is not difficult so there is no reason for the bacon cooker to require a lot of learning curve to operate. If you can’t figure out how to use it at first glance, then move along and look for something else. Is it easy to take apart and clean? When the cooker has collected its share of grease, you have to take it apart and clean it. If it requires a lot of incantations to clean, it’s not the right gadget.
Best Bacon Cooker to Join Your Kitchen
Now comes the best part. Here are some of the best bacon cooker I’ve reviewed. Three of these are technically not just bacon cooker but doubles the role very well. I included these three because they are clear winners based on the Features criteria. Two of the five items here are standalone bacon cooker. They may not win in the Feature department, but they do their jobs really well. I did not include microwave cooker because I don’t believe you need a review for that.
1. Smart Planet BNB 1BM Smart Planet Bacon Nation Bacon Master, Stainless Steel
If you’re looking for a healthy way to cook bacon, the Smart Planet BNB 1BM is the bacon cooker to choose. This standalone cooker positions bacon vertically so that excess grease just drips down the bottom tray which collects it. It’s so easy to cook bacon in this cooker because you don’t have to turn it, and it has a heating control allowing you to decide whether you want it crispy, light or extra crispy.
The non-stick cooking surface ensures that you don’t have to struggle when removing the bacon and cleaning the cooker later on. It can simultaneously cook 6 bacon strips which is a good thing when you need to cook a lot right away.
My real gripe about this cooker is that it tends to be flimsy. The bottom tray tends to be shallow, you have to regularly check if it’s filling up. The best thing to do is to regularly clean it and empty the bottom tray. You need to contact the seller to avail of the warranty for this item.
- Non-stick cooking surface
- A no-brainer to use
- Heating control
- Not as durable as you might like
2. Nostalgia BCN6BK Bacon Express Crispy Bacon Grill
Another bacon cooker with a healthy design is the Nostalgia BCN6BK Bacon Express. This also cooks bacon vertically allowing excess grease to drip. It cooks six strips simultaneously without turning making it ideal when in a hurry. The non-stick cooking plate and insulated door ensure easy cleanup and easy removal of bacon strips. It features an illuminated cooking dial with timer, you can’t go wrong when cooking.
One caveat that this cooker has is that you need to cut the bacon shorter because the vertical cooking plate tends to be limited in length. Amazon customer service provides warranty for this item.
- So easy to use and clean
- Non-stick cooking surface
- Heating control
- Limited space, you need to cut bacon shorter
- Not that durable
3. Hamilton Beach 3-in-1 MultiGrill Indoor Grill, Griddle & Bacon Cooker (25600)
The Hamilton Beach 3-in-1 MultiGrill is not just a bacon cooker, it can serve as a grill and griddle as well. It has 100 sq. in. non-stick cooking surface, wide enough for plenty of strips. This is ideal for those times when there are a lot of family and friends around and you need to serve something quick.
It cooks nice crispy bacon without the messy splatter and its unique kickstand tilts to drain excess grease.The cooking plate and the pull-out dish tray are removable and dishwasher safe, making it easy to clean. It has an adjustable temperature control, you can’t overcook your bacon. Make sure to check the drip pan because it can get messy when it’s filled with grease. For the warranty, you have to call Amazon customer support in order to avail.
- Easy to clean
- Can cook plenty of bacon strips at once
- The drip pan is shallow
4. Nostalgia BCN6BK Bacon Express Crispy Bacon Grill
If you’re looking for a multifunctional grill and bacon cooker, you can’t go wrong with the George Foreman GRP1060B. Cooking healthy is easy with its Advanced George Tough Nonstick Coating which eliminates the need for butter or oil when cooking bacon strips or burger patties. Its wide cooking plate which heats up 35% faster, makes 4 servings simultaneously for the entire family, saving time. If you’re the kind that needs to cook in 10 minutes, this is the one for you.
Speaking of healthy, its sloped grilling surface drains 42% of fats, making it ideal for guiltless eating. Cleanup is easy with its removable, dishwasher friendly plates. The best part is, this electric bacon cooker and grill is really cheap, you can get it for under $50 on Amazon. Again, do check the drip tray for grease as it tends to be shallow. It provides 3-year limited warranty for buyers from the US and Canada.
- Unbeatable price
- Multi-functional design
- Durable non-stick plates
- Cooks evenly
- Drip tray is shallow
5. Hamilton Beach 2533 Super Sear 100-Square-Inch Nonstick Indoor Searing Grill
Another multi-functional grill and bacon cooker that can serve the entire family at one time is the Hamilton Beach 2533. It’s 100 sq. in. real estate allows cooking plenty of bacon strip at the same time without the need to cut them short.
It heats up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit in no time, making it ideal for hurried cooking. To balance things, its illuminated sear button and adjustable temperature controls ensure that you don’t burn whatever it is you’re cooking inside the cooker. It has a limited 1-year warranty from the manufacturer.
- Good size and well built
- Durable non-stick plates
- Cooks evenly
- A bit difficult to clean
I believe the clear winner here is the George Foreman GRP1060B. It does everything that the two other multi-purpose grills can do, but the price is really unbeatable. It’s even cheaper than the Nostalgia BCN6BK Bacon Express which performs only one function. The 3-year warranty tells me that the manufacturer is confident of this product and is willing to answer for malfunctions when it happens.
The fact that it allows me to cook without using butter or oil is another advantage I can’t turn away from. While the shallow drip tray is something to complain about, all the other grill and bacon cookers suffer from this too.