Before getting start, I want to annouce that today I’m over at Chez Le Reve Francais doing a guest post on my Veggie Cheese Stromboli . Amanda is the author of Chez Le Reve Francais where she enjoys making French dishes, twisting British Food and experimenting with other cuisines. Please go and visit and check out my full post!!
The hot weather is fast approaching, and you know what that means! It's time to create some more refreshing meals and drinks for your loved ones to feel cool during the warm days. And what screams out summer better than a delicious summer drink?
I love whipping up healthy and quenching drinks for my family and guests because it isn't only easy to make, it's also a huge hit! I started experimenting with plums and realized that when mixed with the right ingredients, it creates that zesty summer drink that can cool down your whole body.
So read on as I show you my plum juice- summer drink edition!
Why Plum Juice?
You're probably wondering: What's so great about plums that make it such a healthy summer drink?
- For starters, plums are low in calories and are a great snack for weight loss! As a healthy summer drink, you'll be able to fill yourself up without the added calories.
- Plums are high in fiber and are awesome in relieving constipation. They are also great in helping with digestive problems, improving your systems.
- These tiny fruits are a wonder in preventing diseases, such as diabetes, cancer, stroke, or even the common cold. It's relatively low in sugar and helps control both your blood pressure and sugar levels.
- It improves your bone health and brain memory, which is great for both your physical and mental appearance.
Plum Juice- Summer Drink Recipe
This quenching plum drink isn't only healthy, but it's the perfect adult drink everyone will love during your party. With a hint of sparkling wine and cool minty freshness, your guests will certainly love it!
Total time: 10 minutes
This recipe creates four glasses of plum juice.
- A pound of ripe plums washed and pitted
- Two tablespoons of honey
- One tablespoon of chopped mint
- One teaspoon of lemon juice
- Zest from half a lemon
- One cup of crushed ice, equivalent to two cups of cubed ice
- A splash of sparkling wine (optional)
- Mint sprigs (for garnishing)
1. Add the plums, honey, mint, lemon juice and zest into a blender, blending the whole mixture until it's smooth and combined.
2. Add the crushed ice, blending it until it has a consistency similar to a slushy.
3. Add the mixture into four glasses, pouring it evenly. Top each glass with a bit of sparkling wine and a sprig of mint. Serve it while it's still cold!
Pro-Tips to Follow
Here are some excellent tips to follow to make the slushy taste even better:
- If you want to make this refreshing drink for your children, then skip the sparkling wine. They'll still love it! If you have guests allergic to mint, you can also remove the mint in the ingredients list.
- Having trouble blending the plums? You can opt to add a LITTLE bit of water to make it easier to mix. Make sure to scrape down the sides to combine the mixture evenly.
- If you want a thicker plum drink, then add even more ice. Don't add too much as you may end up losing the taste and making it too thick to drink.
- You can put it in the fridge for later consumption or if you have leftovers. They will only last for about a day or two before losing its flavor and consistency, though. Cover the glass or container you put it in before adding it to the fridge.
If you're looking for the perfect summer drink to serve your loved ones, then this plum juice recipe is perfect. It's filled with a ton of health benefits your kids will be able to reap, and it has that lovely kick of sparkling wine your guests will enjoy during a brunch out in the backyard or living room.
I hope that this recipe on my Plum Juice- Summer Drink will be a hit in your household. So what are you waiting for? Try it out today and have this healthy summer drink as a new favorite with your family and friends!
If you enjoyed the article or have any other questions on making this plum juice- summer drink, then comment down below. I would love to hear what you have to think!