When it comes to baking, I want to make sure that I make the absolute best for my family and loved ones. And if there's one thing I've always wanted to try, it would be a chocolate caramel cake! The chocolate and caramel medley go so well together that I may just want to make another one right now!
It's delicious, indulgent, sweet, and has the moistness to it that's perfect for dessert or a snack. And I created the best recipe for the gooey cake anyone will appreciate! So read on as I show you how to make chocolate caramel cake (caramel desserts)!
Chocolate Caramel Cake
This delicious chocolate cake has a hint of caramel drizzle and filling inside, as well as the balance of gooey and moist consistency both children and adults look for in the perfect cake. It's not too sweet, but still perfect for the sweet tooths out there to appreciate!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
Total time: 70 minutes
This serves 12 people or 12 slices of cake.
- Two cups of flour
- One and a half cups of white sugar
- 2/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- One and a half teaspoon of baking soda (divide the one teaspoon from the half teaspoon)
- One and 3/4 teaspoon of salt (divided again)
- 2/3 cup of shortening (butter flavored)
- Half a cup of unsalted butter, soft or melted
- Half a cup of milk
- One cup of salted butter
- Two cups of light brown sugar, packed
- Half a cup of light corn syrup
- One cup of chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, one teaspoon of baking soda and the 3/4 teaspoon of salt. Keep on stirring until it's well combined. Add the shortening, incorporating it into the flour mixture using your fingers until it forms very fine crumbs, similar to a cake mix.
3. Add the unsalted butter and milk, mixing it until it forms into a thick dough.
4. On to the caramel. Melt your salted butter over medium-low heat, then add the brown sugar, corn syrup and one teaspoon of salt. Let to boil on low heat, constantly stirring it until it barely bubbles. It will take about ten minutes. Remove it from the heat after.
5. Add the half teaspoon of baking soda to the caramelized mixture. Continue to whisk or stir it until the mixture is smooth, thick, and creamy.
6. Using your baking dish, spread half of the cake batter on the bottom. Bake it for about ten minutes until it gets a firm base.
7. Take it out of the oven and let it cool for ten minutes. Then, cover it with all the chocolate chips.
8. Layer it with caramel then add the remaining cake batter or dough, spreading it evenly.
9. Allow it to bake for about 30 minutes until you see that it is still gooey, but browned and looked crisp.
10. Take it out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes to let it firm up, storing it at room temperature. Then, serve and enjoy!
Pro-Tips You Should Try Following
Wondering how to achieve the perfect consistency or make your cake even better? Here are some excellent tips you should try following:
- Drop the dough by spoonfuls evenly before spreading it on the top layer to avoid making a mess over the warm caramel.
- Take note that this cake has more gooey consistency than moist, though it's similar to a brownie. That's why it's best to top it off with vanilla ice cream for the blend of cold and warm sweetness!
- Cutting and serving may be a bit tricky, so be sure to do so carefully, using both a knife and spoon to scoop it up for one serving.
This chocolate caramel cake has a perfect consistency and balanced flavor that anyone will love. May it be an indulgent treat during the weekend or rich dessert after a family dinner, you'll not only enjoy the cake but making it as well.
I hope that this article taught you how to make chocolate caramel cake (caramel desserts) well. Now you know what to do, try making it today and please your loved ones!
If you enjoyed the article or have more tips and experiences to share about how to make chocolate caramel cake (caramel desserts), then comment down below. I would love to hear what you have to think.