Desserts are everything, and my favorite saying is "There's ALWAYS room for dessert!" I've got a sweet tooth, and it's the reason why I took up baking, to not only learn more skills on how to properly cook and whip up magical dishes but to also get my sweet fix after!
Besides baking cakes, I have one other guilty pleasure, and that's brownies. So I decided that why not combine the two and create something that has the shape and look of a cupcake, but the chocolatey goodness and gooey consistency of a brownie?
And that's where brownie cupcakes were born! Are you wondering how that works? Then read on as I show you how to make brownie cupcakes and get your fix of BOTH kinds of desserts!
Can't decide between having cupcakes and brownies for dessert? Why not have both without wasting calories with this brownie cupcake fusion? With the shape of cupcakes and the consistency of brownies, it will be a hit for everyone!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
This recipe makes 19 brownie cupcakes.
- One cup of butter
- One cup of chocolate chips
- Four eggs
- One and a half cups of white sugar
- One cup of all-purpose flour
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. While doing so, line the cupcake tin with paper liners, 19 in total.
2. Melt the butter and chocolate chips together in a saucepan. Use low heat and stir until it's smooth. Remove it from the heat and let it cool.
3. Beat the eggs and sugar together in a bowl until well incorporated. Then add in the flour and vanilla extract to it, following with the chocolate mixture. Make sure to fold the chocolate mixture into the batter. Do so until the whole mixture is smooth.
4. Pour the batter into the cupcake tin, only filling it halfway.
5. Bake the brownie cupcakes in the oven for about 30 minutes. You can use the toothpick test to check if it's done. Poke it into the cupcake's center, and if it comes out clean, it's cooked.
6. Put the cupcakes on the wire rack and let it cool for five minutes. After that, serve it with your favorite sides and toppings and enjoy!
Pro-Tips You Should Follow
How else can you improve this brownie recipe? Here are some more pro-tips to follow to have an easier time getting the perfect treat:
- The brownie cupcakes may be a bit dry without some frosting or ice cream. You can take it off the wrapper and pair it with ice cream, or make your chocolate frosting. Syrups would work great as well.
- You can store them in the fridge for around two days, though it will lose the consistency and become a bit dry (though still pretty good). Pop them in a toaster for around three minutes to have warm brownies.
- Don't forget to avoid filling in the brownie batter to over the paper liners, or it WILL overflow
- Avoid mixing in the eggs too much, or it will end up becoming stiff. If you want a fudge consistency, lightly beat it and add a bit less flour.
- Try dark chocolate chips for the bittersweet flavor! Or if you want something sweeter, go for milk chocolate chips.
When it comes to making the ultimate brownie cupcakes, you'll not only need precision but to prepare yourself for the gooey and chocolatey goodness you and your family will experience! It's for all sweet tooths out there like me who want a cheat day and can't decide whether to get a brownie or cupcake.
I hope that this article showed you how to make brownie cupcakes properly! Now that you know how to do it, why not try it out in your kitchen and enjoy the sweetness of it all?
If you have any questions or would like to add your tips and experiences on making these brownies, then comment down below! I would love to hear what you have to think.